Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Home again


Well, this morning, they said hat i hadn't spike a a fever in 48 hours and that the echocardiogram came back clean (meaning there was no bacteria around my heart).

I had developed the sepsis from pneumo-strep bacterica. This was the same kind of bacteria that I had gotten back in April, but since we were able to catch it much much sooner, it wasn't nearly as bad.

They gave me another round of IV antibiotics and sent me on my way home at about 430 this afternoon.

Overall, this was a much easier trip than the last few, we caught it early, so it wasn't that serious and i was in and out of the hospital in four days.

Because it was so quick and not as serious it still doesn't feel like it was that big of a medical deal to me. But I think opening up this blog to everyone, and sharing what has been going on has been a bigger deal than anything else. That may be weird to you, but I am pretty used to medical chaos....what I am not used to is letting people in on it and sharing what the Lord is teaching me or sometimes feels like not teaching me.

Who knows where this will go from now. I pray that the Lord will continue to guide my heart and words on this interesting path of lupus and life and encouragement and challenges and at times...confusion.

1 comment:

ebry said...

i love you kel.
what i don't love is that you kept this little gem of a blog hidden from me for TWO YEARS.
let's just be honest - if i didn't have to go to sleep, i would read all the entries in one sitting. thanks for being vulnerable and awesome.