Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Workin workin workin

Today is day 3 back at work! Yesterday was a looong day. 12 hours. I am tired. Hence me blogging during my little break.

Overall, I do not like missing work. Because I love my kids. Its draining, but I love them.

I work at a Group Home for abused and neglected foster children. They have such a variety of backgrounds, family situations, medical situations and mental health disorders....its a world I knew nothing about until I started working in it. Another day I will be specific about what I do everyday, but not today.

Today and yesterday I was thinking of something I read that Martin Luther said: that one day he got up and realized how much he had to do and prayed for three hours instead of two.
There are lots of days that I wake up and immediately start thinking (okay, probably worrying) about the kids and what they have going on. Luther reminds me that on those days I need to take extra time to pray for them, to pray for the strength of the Holy Spirit.

Funny, its honestly easier for me to trust the Lord with the craziness in my life than it is with these kids. Can't say why really.

At any rate, I am feeling much better! No fever, cough almost gone and just a few days left of antibiotics. Have an appointment to see my Rheumotologist (my lupus doctor) on Saturday, so that'll be fun. He's a genius. Maybe I will talk about him later this week too. For now, I am going back to work though!

No comments: