So my Rheumatologist and I were having a lovely chat about photography, history, our favorite Kaiser facilities, Septic Shock...you know.. the usual. And as we were finishing our already hour long visit, he dropped the bomb on me.... he was retiring on November 30.
I have been beyond blessed to have a Doctor who studied at UCLA and UCSD, taught at Sanford, kept his cell phone on anytime I was in the hospital (and answered it!!), and was willing to think out of the box to keep me healthy. He is 62 years old, and as he says, he wants to play hard for awhile and not just work hard.
I am not panicking.... I was reminded that Dr. W has been an amazing blessing and gift from the Lord, that God has given him incredible talents and ideas and that those ideas and talents have been a big factor in my ongoing battle with Lupus, but that God is the one in charge, and will continue to be sovereign.
Its interesting to say goodbye to someone that you really only saw at major crisis points in your life, but because of that developed a relationship with.
If I could find out how, I would email his boss at Kaiser and demand, I mean request, an invite to his retirement party.
No comments:
Post a Comment