Friday, February 11, 2011

What a Week!

Whew.... this week was full. I worked a lot, which can sometimes be a little draining. The kids that I work with are all in the Foster Care System. Most of the youth that I work with have either been abused or neglected, and that is why they are "in the system." Some have been from foster home to foster home, and have severe behavioral issues.

My job with the kids is to communicate with their schools, their social workers, their therapists and their families (where permissible) while they are staying with us at the Group Home. The kids are anywhere from ages 6-18 and stay for a varying length of time. I wish I could tell you more...but I can't. Sometimes it is just so difficult to remain encouraged. It was hard this week. Harder than it has been in awhile. There is just so much sin and corruption...and these kids.... it just brings me to the Lord even more.

This week I found a good devotional that will take me through the Bible in a year. The Word has always been the best way for me to stay encouraged. Above and beyond anything else. (sidenote: I rarely ever stay on top of things like this daily...but I am honestly going to try)

No comments: