
As I sit here and write, I can watch my chest rise and fall with each breath I take. It seems surreal that just three weeks ago, the people that love me were sitting next to me watching a machine perform this action for me, because I could no longer breathe on my own.
I like to sit on the couch and take deep breaths. . .simply because I can. There is no tube down my throat, I am not coughing up blood, I am just sitting here, breathing deep peaceful breaths.
But the beauty is that even when those other breaths were a struggle, I was just as much in the Lord’s hands as I am this moment. I was made weak. Broken physically to the point that I was put into a coma. There was no strength of my own to “pull me through.” God put me to sleep, and he woke me again. In His mercy and power he woke me again. And has continued to do so every morning. He draws me closer and closer to Himself by reminding me of these “simple mercies,” which as it turns out .. .. aren’t always so simple :)
I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me- Psalm 3:5
No comments:
Post a Comment